I love baking but do not always like to heat the house as the temperatures increase. I also sometimes find myself in a bind and do not have enough oven space for baking while I am making the REAL food for a dinner gathering at my home. I get around this predicament by making NO BAKE TREATS!
No Bake Cookie Balls are blank slates that can be customized. Options will be noted with the ingredients. The Cookie Balls last a week stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container … if they last that long!
- 1/2 cup Don’t Go Nuts Roasted Chocolate Soybean Spread (or nut butter/soy butter/seed butter of your choice)
- 4 tbsp butter or coconut butter softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla (coconut)
- 1/2 cup gluten free four (I used a 1-1 blend … you could swap flours but may need to adjust moisture)
- In a stand up mixer, mix the soy/nut/seed butter and butter until they are creamy
- Add sugar and flavoring
- Add gluten free flour
- Form into small balls and refrigerate for about 30 minutes
Indent a thumbprint in the top of the ball
After they chill to “set” you can serve with fresh fruit, jam, soy/nut/seed butter, or candy in the imprint
They seem very soft when forming and refrigerating
They are stiff when they first come out of the refrigerator and soften within a few minutes.