I am a fan of Pamela’s Products and purchased Spice Cake Mix and customized it to fit my family’s needs. Customizing the package ingredients allowed me to make the cake my own.
- I added 1 cup of pumpkin instead of the 1 cup of milk
- I substituted “3 flax seed eggs” for the eggs (RATIO:1 TBSP ground flax seeds to 3 TBSP water … mix…let rest till a gel like consistency forms)
- I added 1/2 cup gluten free oats
I cooked in a 350 degree oven in an 8×10 baking pan for 55 minutes (or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clear).
Once cool…I made cream cheese frosting by combining the following on a bowl with an immersion blender:
- 1 package of low fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
To serve: Garnish with fresh berries and nuts or dried fruits and nuts. I chose dried cranberries and walnuts to stick with the holiday theme
OPTION: OMIT the frosting and serve warm with a little butter or jam and fruit/nuts