1 tbsp cornflour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup wheat flour (Maida)
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup condensed milk
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp lemon zest (grate the outer skin of lemon)
1 cup nuts of your choice , I used almonds, walnuts, dates, choco chips, dried cherry, raisins
1 cup salt
powder together 2 cardamoms (elachi), 1/4 stick cinnamon (dalchini) and 1/4 nutmeg (jaifal)
Take a bowl add 1 tbsp cornflour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and fill rest of the bowl with flour. Sieve them all together with powdered cardamom-nutmeg powder and keep aside.
In a beater or in a deep bowl add condensed milk, butter and beat for 1 minute. Add vanilla essence, lemon zest and beat again.
Add flour in two parts and add one part, beat again, add milk and beat, now add remaining second part of flour and beat. If required add more milk to make right consistency of batter as shown below.
Add nuts and raisins mixture. Mix well.
In pressure cooker, spread 1 cup salt evenly and pre-heat cooker for 2 minutes on high flame.
Grease the mould with butter or oil, pour batter in it.
Put the mould on top of salt in cooker and close the lid of cooker WITHOUT whistle and gasket. Reduce the flame to minimum.
Let it cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour and enjoy!
1. In a bowl, add 1 tbsp cornflour.
2. Add 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
3. Fill the bowl with flour.
4. Add 1 tsp baking soda.
5. Add powdered spices mixture, sift and keep aside.
6. In a beater, or in a bowl, add butter and condensed milk, beat well.
7. Like this.
8. Add vanilla essence.
9. Take lemon zest by peeling outer skin of washed lemon.
10. Add lemon zest and beat again.
11. Add half of the flour. Beat.
12. Add 1/4 cup milk.
13. Add remaining flour and beat again. Add more milk if required.
14. Batter is ready.
15. Here are my choice of nuts… almonds, raisins, dried cherry, walnuts, choco chips. You can put according to your choice.
16. Put this in batter. Mix well.
17. In pressure cooker, add 1 cup salt and spread it evenly.
18. Pre-heat it on high flame.
19. Grease the mould with butter or oil.
20. Pour the batter in it.
21. Keep the mould in cooker with the help of tong or attachment available with cooker.
22. Close the cooker WITHOUT whistle and gasket. Please be sure about this.
23. Reduce the flame to minimum. Let it cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour or till it is baked.
24. After 1 hour.
25. Yum…. it’s ready!!