2 cups wheat flour or whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar or 1 can of condensed milk
1 tsp pineapple essence
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pineapple slices and cherries depending on the size of your baking bowl
Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together and keep aside. Blend together butter, pineapple essence and sugar till creamy.
Keep blending and add sifted flour little by little preferably in 3 parts to avoid lump formation.
Add milk and blend again. (Add more if required)
THE CONSISTENCY OF THIS BATTER WILL BE LITTLE THICK AS COMPARED TO OTHER CAKES BATTER.
2. Blend together sugar or if you are using condensed milk, butter and pineapple essence.
3. Blend on medium or you can do same with hands using wooden spoon.
4. Texture have become creamy now. Add flour in 2-3 steps and blend again (sorry! Forgot to take pic)
5. Blend and add milk.
6. Blend again to make smooth creamy texture. (Batter will thick for this cake)
7. Take baking pan. Here I have used spring pan, which is very convenient for de-moulding cake.
8. Spread 2 tbsp of melted butter generously.
9. Arrange pineapple slices and cherries.
10. Pour batter over it. Bake it for 30 minutes at 180°C.
11. After 30 minutes. Check cake by piercing toothpick or knife, should come out clean. Let the cake come down to room temperature, roll knife on the edges gently all over and turn it upside down and open the spring to de-mould.
12. Kids favourite cake is ready!!