1/2 kg shalgam medium sized sliced
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (Raai)
1 tsp corainder masala
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp kasuri meethi
salt and chilli to taste
1 tsp vinegar or imli
2 tbsp jaggery (gud)
Boil shalgam in enough water with turmeric in it, till its cooked. Strain the water and keep aside.
In a pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds, let it splutter add all the dry spices. Add jagerry and vinegar. Mix well. Add boiled shalgam.
Mix well. Sprinkle kasuri meethi and serve!
1. Boil peeled and sliced shalgam in water with turmeric powder. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in pan, splutter mustard seeds.
3. Add all dry masala except kasuri meethi. Add jaggery.
4. Now add boiled shalgam. Mix well.
5. Add vinegar and mix again.
6. Sprinkle kasuri meethi and serve hot!