Soak few strands of saffron in cold milk and keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
Take heavy bottomed pan, saute flour on low flame, till fragrant, don’t let it turn brown.
Add milk (should not be hot or lumps will form), cardamom powder and chopped almonds. Let it simmer on low flame and keep scraping the milk from edges.
Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or till it is little thick (keep thickness of milk according to your taste).
Add dissolved saffron and simmer for more 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot with sliced almonds and saffron stands.
MILK BECOMES MORE THICK AFTER COMING DOWN TO ROOM TEMPERATURE.
YOU CAN ADD CHOPPED DATES, RAISINS.
1. Dissolve saffron in 1/2 cup cold milk. Keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
2. Roast whole wheat flour on low flame till fragrant.
3. Add 1 1/2 glass of milk.
4. And almonds and cardamom powder.
5. Let it simmer for 15 minutes on low flame scraping milk from the edges.
6. It’s the way I wanted.
7. Saffron after 5 minutes.
8. Add in thickened milk.
9. Serve with sliced almonds, pista and kesar.
10. Closer look!