1 cup atta (whole wheat flour)
1 cup ghee
1 cup sugar
2 cup water
nuts for garnishing
Melt ghee and roast atta till brown and fragrant on low flame. This takes around 10 minutes. By the time, atta is getting roasted, prepare sugar syrup. Boil sugar and water, till sugar melts completely. Don’t make sugar string. Keep aside.
As soon as flour is aromatic and golden, put the pan off the flame. Add sugar syrup little by little and keep stirring on the other side. Mixing sugar syrup and stirring should be simultaneous. After adding sugar syrup. Put it back on low flame and cook for just 2-3 minutes or as soon as it is little thick.
Garnish with nuts and serve hot.
1. Make sure to roast atta on low flame only and keep stirring.
2. Turn off the flame or put the pan down from flame while adding sugar syrup. This is very important step.
3. Add sugar syrup little by little stirring continuously.
3. We don’t need any string in sugar. Just ensure sugar is completely melted and dissolved.
1. Roast flour with sugar till golden and aromatic.
2. Keep sugar syrup ready before flour is golden.
3. Put the pan off the flame, start adding sugar syrup little by little, stirring simultaneously.
4. Mix well.
5. Back on the flame.
6. Cook till little thick.
7. Garnish with nuts.