Soak almonds overnight or you can soak them in hot boiling water for 2 hours and keep aside. Remove the skin.
Transfer almond and cashews in blender jar, add 1/2 cup milk and grind to make smooth and fine paste. Keep aside.
Take heavy bottomed pan, add milk, kesar and cardamom powder, bring milk to boil, after boil reduce the flame to low and let it simmer for at least 35-45 minutes. After that add badam paste and sugar, let it simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once it reaches thick consistency turn off the flame and let it come down to room temperature. Transfer in fridge and let it chill for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Serve chilled in glass and garnish with some chopped almonds and pistachio.
1. Sugar level depends on your taste buds, I added 1 cup sugar for 1liter milk. Do remember that after chilling milk, the sweetness level reduces, so keep sugar at a little higher side. Do take taste test before chilling in the fridge.
2. Adding little condensed milk thickens the milk and gives very nice taste. I did not add but you can try this option.
3.Consuming this milk chilled or cold keeps body cool and can prevent from heat stroke.
1. Soak almonds overnight.
2. Peel the skin, transfer with cashews in blender jar.
3. Add 1/2 cup milk.
4. Blend to make smooth and fine paste.
5. Put milk in heavy bottomed pan and bring it to boil.
6. Add kesar and cardamom powder. Let is simmer on low flame for 35-40 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes add badam- kaju paste.
8. Sugar and mix well. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
9. Turn off the flame as soon as it becomes little thick. Refrigerate overnight or for 4-5 hours.
10. Serve chilled.
11. Garnish with almonds and pistachios.