Buying khoya or mawa from market is definitely not safe these days due to high adulteration level. Generally khoya making is a long process wherein you simmer milk for long time.
Here is a super shortcut method of making khoya that too in just 2 minutes. Now make fresh and hygiene khoya at home without consuming long hours in kitchen. Just ensure to use ONLY non-stick pan.
1 1/2 cup milk powder
1 cup milk (preferably full cream milk)
1/4 cup ghee
Mix together all the ingredients and whisk well making sure no lumps are formed. Transfer in ONLY non-stick pan and cook on low flame, stirring continuously. After 1 minute you will see it is becoming thick. After another 1 minute you will have combined and non-sticky dough.
As soon as dough start leaving the sides of pan and combine, switch off the flame.
Transfer in bowl or plate, let it come down to room temperature. Use in making your favorite sweets.
1. Mix together all the ingredients.
2. Whisk well making sure no lumps are formed.
3. Transfer in ONLY non-stick pan. Cook on low flame.
4. In 2 minutes you will see it has started leaving the sides of pan and become like a dough.
5. Let it come down to room temperature and use in your favorite sweets.