1/2 cup Nutella or any chocolate spread
1 cup all – purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup warm milk
5-6 tsp cooking oil
Take a spoonful of Nutella and keep it on parchment paper, now with the help of spoon make a circle as shown in pic 1 below. Keep it freezer for 20-30 minutes and let it become firm. By that time prepare batter for pancake.
In a bowl mix together flour, powdered sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Keep aside.
Melt butter. Take another bowl, beat egg till frothy, add melted butter. Now add this mix in flour mix. Add buttermilk little by little whisking batter continuously, making sure no lumps are formed, if possible use whisker.
The batter should be thick but flowing as shown in pic below.
Heat pan, preferably non-stick. Melt 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp oil, pour ladle full of batter and keep a frozen round of Nutella over it, pour some more batter over it making sure Nutella is covered all over.
Flip and cook from another side.
Serve or let it come down to room temperature, cut and pack in kids school tiffin.
1. Use parchment paper for rolling Nutella as this will help Nutella to come out easily and won’t stick.
2.If you don’t have parchment paper, take plain paper and grease some butter over it, and use it as parchment paper.
3. Make sure to set Nutella well it will take around 20-30 minutes.
4. Don’t take out set Nutella and keep outside for long as it well melt very quickly specially in summers, I took one Nutella roll at a time and immediately kept over pancake.
1. Take a spoonful of Nutella and with the help of spoon roll it round.
2. Keep in freezer for 30 minutes.
3. Mix together flour, powdered sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Beat egg, add melted butter.
5. Add in flour mix.
6. Add buttermilk or milk little by little whisking continuously.
7. This should be the consistency of batter, thick but flowing.
8. Heat pan, add oil.
9. Add 1 tsp butter
10. Pour ladle full of batter. Cook on low to medium flame
11. Keep frozen Nutella round.
12. Pour some more batter to cover Nutella.
13. Flip and keep cooking on low flame.