Betel leaves, from using it in prayers and religious ceremonies to eating it in the form of a ‘paan’, betel leaves contain many curative and healing health benefits. The leaves are full of vitamins like vitamin C, thiamine, niacin and many more. It has many medicinal values from giving relief from constipation, gastric pain, diabetes. It even eases bronchitis, relieves cough and treats respiratory problems.
This refreshing drink is highly beneficial for kids as it help increasing the appetite. My all three kids thoroughly enjoy it to the core. I am sure yours will love it too! So what are you waiting for? try this easy peasy recipe today.
Serves: 2 glasses
2-3 betel leaves (Paan ke patte)
1 tbsp gulkand (rose
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream (optional)
2 glasses cold milk
Take betel leaves and discard the end part of it. Chop it with the help of knife or scissor. Add chopped leaves, gulkand, sugar and 1/4 cup milk.
Grind to make smooth paste. Add rest of the milk and ice cream. Pulse it one more time.
Pour in serving glasses and serve with ice cubes.
1. Wash betel leaves (paan ke patte).
2. Discard the stem or end part of it.
3. Chop it with the help of knife or scissor .
4. In blender jar or mixer jar add leaves, gulkand and sugar.
5. Add little milk and blend to make smooth and fine paste.
6. Now add ice-cream and remaining milk. Pulse it one more time.
7. Creamy and refreshing paan drink is ready to serve.
8. Serve chilled.
1. Two betel leaves are enough for 2 glasses of shake. if you like stronger flavor or taste add one more leaf.
2. Make sure you grind it as fine as possible as kids don’t like to have leaves coming in their mouth.