1 cup strawberry puree / strawberry compote
1 cup white chocolate
1 cup heavy cream / whipped cream
Use 1/2 cup icing or powdered sugar if using unsweetened whipped cream
Make strawberry compote, by cooking 10-12 chopped strawberries and 4-5 tbsp sugar till thick. You can see detailed step by step picture recipe of strawberry compote here: strawberry compote / strawberry crush.
Take heavy cream and whip it with the help of beater till soft peaks are formed. To check whether cream is whipped well, turn the bowl of cream upside down and hold for 2-3 seconds, if cream is not dropping, it’s done. Keep it aside.
Take heat proof bowl and place on pan with boiling water. On low flame melt it and keep stirring till it’s smooth and completely melted. Keep aside and let it come down to room temperature.
Mix strawberry compote in whipped cream, mix well, add room temperature white chocolate in 2-3 batches. Fold with light hands.
Take serving bowls, immediately transfer mousse in it. Top it with strawberry compote and keep in fridge for 30-45 minutes in summers or you can keep it without fridge in winters for 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy valentine’s day with your loved ones!
1. I had sweetened whip cream, you can add icing or powdered sugar in cream and then whip, for 1 cup add 1/2 cup sugar.
2. Adding white chocolate will set the mousse nice and thick, make sure not to add hot chocolate in whip cream, let it come down to room temperature and add little by little.
3. Strawberry compote too should be of room temperature before adding in whip cream.
4. It’s completely optional to set compote on top of mousse. Believe me the mousse itself tastes too good even if you skip adding compote on top.
1. Take heavy cream and whip till soft peaks are formed.
2. It’s done!
3. Make strawberry compote
4. Let it come down to room temperature.
5. Melt white chocolate in double boiler or microwave.
6. It’s smooth and completely melted.
7. Mix all the ingredients, make sure chocolate and strawberry compote should be room temperature and not hot.
8. It’s ready to set.
9. Transfer in serving bowls.
10. If you want, spread one spoon of strawberry compote on top.
11. You can see how it is nicely set without gelatin.
13. Happy valentines day!