1 cup besan (gram flour)
2 tbsp cornflour (optional)
1/2 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
1 tsp coriander powder
salt and chilli to taste
1/2 tsp oregano
1 chopped onion
1 sliced tomato
1/2 sliced capsicum and bell pepper
1 grated carrot (optional)
1/2 cup grated cheese (I used processed, you can use any cheese of your choice)
water for making thin batter
oil for roasting
Mix together besan and cornflour, add ajwain, salt, coriander powder and chilli. Add water to make thin batter as shown in pic below. Keep aside.
Chop onion, slice bell pepper and grated carrot. Mix them and add little salt in it. Grate cheese and keep aside.
Heat pan, make sure it is clean and dry. Pour 3-4 tbsp batter and start rolling it round like we do for dosas. Immediately add the vegetables. Press vegetables with the help of spatula. Add grated cheese. Sprinkle some oregano.
Now add oil all over the edges and let cheese melt. Roll the puda.
Let it come down to room temperature, slice and pack in kids school lunch box.
In the picture above, I kept some No bake brownies bar with some strawberries.
1. You can add vegetables of your choice, you can add finely shredded spinach, corn etc, if you don’t have much veggies, you can simply add onion and tomato.
2. Make thin batter as we make for puda.
3. For making puda, make sure your laddle or tawa is dry, don’t add oil before spreading batter, or it will be difficult to spread batter in round shape.
4. As soon as you spread the batter, immediately add vegetables, and press it with help of spatula, this will help vegetables to stick to the batter.
5. Adding cheese will hold and stick the vegetables nice.
1. Keep your veggies ready. Mix them and sprinkle little salt over it. Keep aside.
2. Mix besan, cornflour, salt, chilli, coriander powder and ajwain.
3. Add water and make thin batter.
4. Heat tawa.
5. Pour in batter.
6. Roll it round and add veggies on top.
7. Press vegetables with the help of spatula.
8. Add oil all over the edges.
9. Some grated cheese.
10. Sprinkle some oregano.
11. Once cheese is melted, start rolling.
12. It’s done.
13. Let it come down to room temperature and cut it.
14. Pack in kids lunch box.