A very healthy and easy to make cake for kids made with Rawa / Semolina / Suji without Maida (all-purpose flour) and egg with kids all time favorite tutti-fruity inside. A cake that be cherished with evening milk or can be packed in kids school tiffin box.
1 cup roasted Semolina / Suji / Rawa
1 cup milk (room temperature)
1/4 cup Atta (whole wheat flour)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup oil (I used canola oil) or butter
1/2 cup thick curd
1/2 cup tutti-fruity
1/4 cup chopped almonds and cashews (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
In a bowl, soak together suji and milk, keep aside for 30 minutes.
In a bowl add oil and mix room temperature curd and whisk it well, till it turns creamy as shown in pic below. Add powdered sugar and whisk again till smooth and creamy.
Take soaked suji, add beaten curd- oil mix and whole wheat flour. Mix well.
Add tutti-fruity and chopped nuts. Add baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.
Transfer in greased tin and bake in pre-heat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 35-40 minutes.
Let it come down to room temperature, slice and serve.
1. It’s important to soak suji and milk, as suji absorbs it well and become fluffy.
2. Add baking soda and powder in the end.
3. Try to put the batter inside oven for baking immediately.
4. If you want tutti-fruity on top, coat them well in flour and then add on top, this way it will not sink and remain on top.
1. Soak suji and milk together. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. In other bowl, whisk well thick curd and oil.
3. Add powdered sugar.
4. Mix well again.
5. Add whole wheat flour in suji mix.
6. Then add oil-curd mix.
7. Add tutti-fruity and chopped nuts.
8. Transfer in greased tin.
9. Bake at 180 degree for 35-40 minutes.
10. After 35 minutes.
11. Turn upside down and slice.
12. Slice and serve.