Made this last night and it was very good! Next time though I’ll just throw in the whole bag of coleslaw as the 3 cups (1/2 the bag) was barely noticeable. More veggies in my diet and not having 1/2 a bag of coleslaw in my fridge I don’t know what to do with = win/win
- 8oz gluten-free rice noodles
- 1/2 cup LOW-SODIUM gluten-free Tamari or soy sauce (dish will not be GF if using soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (or more or less)
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil, divided
- 1lb flank steak, sliced very thin against the grain
- salt and pepper
- 5 green onions, green parts chopped into 2″ pieces, white and light green parts into 1/2″ pieces
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (from 1″ piece of ginger)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Pre-soak rice noodles according to package directions then drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together tamari or soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and red chili pepper flakes then set aside.
- Heat 1/2 Tablespoon oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over heat that’s just a touch below high. Make sure oil is very hot before adding 1/3 of the beef in an even layer in the bottom of the wok. (If oil is not hot enough or you overcrowd the wok, the beef will steam vs sear.) Season lightly with salt and pepper then allow beef to form a crust on the bottom before flipping and stir frying until just barely cooked through. Remove beef to a plate then repeat with remaining beef, using 1/2 Tablespoon oil to stir fry each batch, and then set the plate aside.
- Heat remaining 1/2 Tablespoon oil in the wok then add green onions and coleslaw mix, season lightly with salt, and then stir fry until coleslaw begins to wilt, 1-2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic then stir fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add drained noodles and sauce to wok then stir fry until noodles are tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove wok from heat then add beef and toss until warmed through, and then serve.
For The Full Instructions, See Full Recipes: iowagirleats.com