1 cup sabudana / sago
1 cup rawa / suji
1/2 cup curd
warm water (accordingly)
3-4 curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
oil for greasing + 1 tsp oil
salt to taste
1/4 tsp fruit salt or baking soda
Wash sabudana 3-4 times. Soak sabudana overnight. Drain water. Take 1 cup out of it (as after soaking quantity doubles). Mix rawa and curd in it. Take 1 tsp oil in pan, add mustard seeds let it splutter. Add curry leaves.
Put tempering in batter , add salt and mix well. Add warm water to make thick consistency. Add fruit salt. Mix well.
Grease idli moulds. Pour batter in it. Steam for 5-10 minutes or till idlis are cooked.
Serves: 10-12 idlis
1. Soak 1 cup sabudana overnight.
2. Drain water in colander.
3. Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds, let it splutter, add curry leaves.
4. Put sabudana and rawa in mixing bowl.
5. Add 1/2 cup curd.
6. Add tempering and salt.
7. Add warm water to make thick batter.
8. Pour batter in greased moulds. Steam till done.
9. Sabudana idli is ready to serve.